Yeahbut Cambium/Canopy sync

On 3/30/2017 4:09 PM, Gino Villarini wrote:
Are you trying to redo the UBNT fiber-poe?

https://www.ubnt.com/accessories/fiber-poe-accessory/

From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com <mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>> on behalf of "li...@packetflux.com <mailto:li...@packetflux.com>" <li...@packetflux.com <mailto:li...@packetflux.com>> Reply-To: "af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 30, 2017 at 4:07 PM
To: "af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Gigabit ethernet converters?

Yeah, maybe I should be clearer what I'm looking at.

I'm looking at various options to build a tower-top box to simplify the fiber up the tower with syncronized radios at the top.. Think a multiport ubiquiti fiberpoe with sync over power and a gps receiver built in, along with tower-top management.

I don't want to include a switch up top - most people want as little as possible up there, and I'd rather keep the whole thing as simple as possible - I'd rather just use a copper-to-sfp chipset, but I haven't found any which I feel comfortable integrating. So I need to tear some more of the units apart to figure out what chipsets are available.

-forrest

*//*

*/Gino Villarini/*

President
Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968