The sync unit worked and let you reuse frequencies on a site.   There are some 
tradeoffs on performance as you have to set the timing to match the longest 
link distance so the nearer units give up some performance.   Link Planner will 
let you see exactly what the results are.

Mark



> On Apr 3, 2017, at 8:00 PM, Wireless Administrator <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> From what I understand the Sync Unit is POE and sits between the IDU and ODU. 
> I just don’t understand why there has never been discussion about the device. 
> It just seems like no one is using sync on their links. I guess it’s possible 
> that all hi density installations have gone to licensed links.
>  
> Steve
>  
> From: Af [mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>] On 
> Behalf Of George Skorup
> Sent: Monday, April 03, 2017 7:05 PM
> To: [email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>
> Subject: Re: [AFMUG] GPS Sync for PTP500 PTP600 Radios
>  
> How do the PTP400/500/600's receive sync? I thought it was only with a PTP 
> Sync module attached to the radio? Or is that through the PIDU? And then 
> didn't everything change with the 650? I don't have any PTPs deployed, so I 
> don't have a clue. Maybe Forrest can do something with the new RackInjector?
> 
> On 4/3/2017 3:23 PM, Wireless Administrator wrote:
>> Is there a better way to sync 10-12 PTP500-ptp600 on a single tower than to 
>> use WB3665HH?
>> �
>> Steve B.
>  

Reply via email to