This one is 28" tall, 20" wide, and 11" deep for less than $400.
Fiberglass, so rust is not an issue, and can be padlocked.

http://www.enclosurehub.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5351&idcategory=968

-bp

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 6:52 PM, Eric Kuhnke <[email protected]> wrote:

> Wow that is expensive. I've seen whole 24U+ sized NEMA4 rated weatherproof
> racks (actual 19" racks) sold for less than $1000...  yes they take up more
> space, but for example:
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nema-Racking-Weatherproof-Outdoor-
> Electrical-Cabinet-Enclosure-20RU-/111940719510?hash=item1a102fd396:g:
> cdEAAOSwYlJW33Hq
>
> 600 bucks
>
>
>
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Josh Baird <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Holy crap, those are expensive.
>>
>> Yeah, the MiniFort is a good option, but the only rackmount devices are
>> the router/switch.  I DIN mount everything else.  I know I can get DIN
>> shelves for 19" racks, but they are sort of annoying.
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Ken Hohhof <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hoffman does make some deep NEMA4 enclosures, I have some 10 inch deep
>>> ones and it looks like this one is available up to 16 inches deep:
>>>
>>> http://www.midwestequipment.com/product/hoffman-a36h30-36-
>>> x-30-nema-4-wallmount-enclosure-please-choose-depth/
>>>
>>> but it gets pricey.  Something from AmProd might be better and already
>>> set up for rackmount.
>>>
>>> http://www.amprod.us/t-minifort_enclosures.aspx
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> *From:* Josh Baird <[email protected]>
>>> *Sent:* Wednesday, March 23, 2016 12:31 PM
>>> *To:* [email protected] ; [email protected]
>>> *Subject:* [AFMUG] Mounting deep equipment in NEMA enclosures
>>>
>>> So - I'm looking for a reasonable NEMA enclosure that is deep enough to
>>> either rackmount or DIN mount some rather deep equipment (CCR
>>> 1009-8G-1S-1S+-PC and Netonix WS-12-250-DC).
>>>
>>> I have been using the Adalet fiberglass enclosures, but the largest one
>>> is 22x17x8, and 8" just doesn't cut it for this stuff.  To get around this,
>>> I have been "wall mounting" the switch/router on the back of the
>>> enclosure's sub-plate, but I can't waste that much space in the enclosure
>>> any longer.
>>>
>>> I would prefer to just find a NEMA that is large enough (and not crazy
>>> expensive) that I can rack/DIN rail mount in versus using a big-ass
>>> rackmount/19" enclosure.  If I find an enclosure that is deep enough, I
>>> think I can figure out how to rig a rack for 1-2U of stuff in it.
>>>
>>> Josh
>>>
>>
>>
>


-- 
--
bp
part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com

Reply via email to