Is the little bushing looking thing second from the right the vent?  Looks like
it would allow a quarter inch of water to build up before draining.  Can that
be taken out?  If so, take it out and glue some non metallic window screen over
the hole.

From: Kurt Fankhauser
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2017 8:11 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] 450AP water intrusion prevention

I just opened up another 450 AP over the weekend to find that water was
apparently making it into the unit through what appeared to be the vent hole on
the back. Luckily I caught it in time because it was not high enough to get to
the board or antenna connectors. This unit was in service for 2 years.

What is the proper remedy for this? Should this unit be RMA'ed as defective? Is
Cambium doing anything about these? Or am I better off just fending for myself
and siliconing over the vent hole and then drilling a new vent hole in the
bottom of the unit so if water does get in it has somewhere to drain out?

I have had this happen to 3 other units in the last 6 months and it killed 1
and the other 2 I was able to dry out and save.

It appears to be a flawed design. Has there been any confirmed cases of 450i
water intrusion? Should Cambium replace all my 450 units with 450i units for
free? I have over 40 of these units out on towers and I am fearing that there
are more units with water in them that I don't even know about at this point.