It comes down to them not listening to me in the beginning about doing BiDi when a consultant filled their heads with "everyone needs 1Gbps FDX all the time." Apparently they didn't understand that BiDi WDM *is* 1Gbps FDX. Now about 40 customers in, they see the light (pun intended). Nobody is using more than 80-90Mbps sustained. I'm very sure we can do 16 split 2.5G PONs without issue.