I use linkedin all the time.  I never use Facebook.

Linked in is for boys, FB is for girls.

From: Steve Jones
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 5:49 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Linkedin

There are some very useful targeted usergroups there, responsive members tend
to be pretty qualified on the specific group topic. That's the biggest benefit,
though some of the people are real fanboy dicks on the group topic, so theres
that.
Its got a real good resume builder if youre looking to get out of the wisp
business.
the endorsements thing is kind of cool if youre looking for somebody to do some
work, but anybody can endorse, so its kind of easily skewed
for whatever reason, liz creekmore is always sitting in the people you may know
page, shes not hard on the eyes, so theres that.
Its not like facebook where vaguely associated people should be added, I accept
any request, but barely add anybody unless there is content I want to view that
they post about
Its a really good place to find professionals for one off outsourced projects
without having to go through some outsourcing companies sales glub