listserv must have scraped off the attachment

From: Brian Webster
Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2017 11:32 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT RM Question

For the record that data is derived from the National Land Cover Dataset
(NLCD). That data is built using satellite and aerial data and classifies the
ground clutter for each 30 meter square. Roger converted that data to a format
similar to the SRTM file format so that Radio Mobile can read and use it. I
have attached a Google Earth file that links to the National  set if you want
to just view the data and compare it to aerial images. As I recall the latest
version had some issues due to the fact that there were a couple of extra land
cover classes added and the conversion process from the old format does not
always work out exactly as desired. Also keep in mind that due to the 30 meter
square getting only one type of classification, it’s one or the other in a 30
meter square area where you could have both buildings and trees. In the urban
clutter class this is pretty common. Radio Mobile does loss calculations for
buildings only in that square and cannot account for a line of trees that do
not make up the majority of the 30 meter square.

Thank You,

Brian Webster

www.wirelessmapping.com

www.Broadband-Mapping.com