When you do your survey I would recommend you name each AP differently and take
the walk through slowly to make sure you pick up each AP and it’s signal level.
There are a number of phone apps that allow you to log the coverage survey
file. With separate AP names you can then isolate each AP coverage area on a
map and/or take the highest signal from all the AP’s to show the total combined
footprint. Once you have that type of data you can also pull out any number of
AP’s and recalculate the coverage map to see the total number you really need
based on the signal level you want to deliver.

If you need help with creating maps on the post processing data side I can
assist.

Thank You,

Brian Webster

www.wirelessmapping.com