Ok.

Is this easier to do with a APC Symmetra PC Power Array system?

I found one for a good price for pickup 16Kva for $1800.

-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Chuck McCown
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 3:11 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT Home Battery Array, Generator and Solar Readiness

How many kwh is that?
Batts can be had for 15 cents per watt hour  - or -

$150 per kWh.
Inverters come in at 15-30 cents per watt.

Lets say you want a 20 kWh battery, DIY it should cost $3K for the batts.
10 kW will run most homes unless you have all the AC and clothes dryers running
at the same time.
So $1500 for an inverter.