Yeah, got in on the first batch. Great device.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Josh Luthman" <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 12:51:00 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Basic Ethernet cable tester that survives PoE voltage?

Did you ever get yours? Get to test it?

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343

On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 1:35 PM, Mike Hammett < af...@ics-il.net > wrote:

Pockethernet?

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

From: "Colin Stanners" < cstann...@gmail.com >
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, September 8, 2017 11:57:59 AM

I'm looking for a basic-level Ethernet cable tester that only checks the
wiremap, gives pass/fail and preferably is <$100 and has a simple TDR.

It must survive Canopy 30V PoE voltage as it seems that many of the dead
testers that we have in a pile are due to field techs plugging them into live
lines. Monoprice $80 tester is OK but definitely does not survive the live
lines.

A test I'm considering is soldering ~15V zener diodes inside a unit to trigger
a PSU's short protection before frying the cable tester...