From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Jaime Solorza
Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2017 9:10 PM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: S10 Chevy heating issue

My brother said same thing about compression...I will try thermostat removal.
Compression test will next.

On Sep 17, 2017 6:54 PM, "Bill Prince" <part15...@gmail.com> wrote:

A couple of thoughts. We had an older Dodge van with the 318 V8. We replaced
the radiator and put in a 3-fin in place of the original 2-fin, and that really
cooled it off. Otherwise, replace the radiator instead of just a flush.

Also, check the compression. You may be getting blow-by on one or more
cylinders. That can really heat up the oil (and then the engine).

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>