It is nice to have deep thoughts and conversations about restoring internet
service.....

May I remind everyone that, We all of the ISP/WISP/NSP are here to serve our
Customers, and that is how we earn a living...

Yes after Natural disaster event, there are two parallel concerns...
One.... How do we bring back our service, restore the damage to our
Infrastructure.
Two... What is the state of affairs of our customers ? Do we have any left who
are able to use the service and pay for it ?

Yes, one can have a fully functional infrastructure, but if the Customers (end
users) are not in any shape to utilize it or pay for it, then such functional
infrastructure is of little value.

(I am not being heartless in talking about paying customers, just pointing to
realities of the situation.. without paying customers, non of us will be
around... and yes we can do acts of charity, and provide free service for a
certain duration, but at the end of the day that has to get paid somehow, from
someone, from somewhere)

These events are not short term issues.. depending on severity they true
severity of such disasters unravel over a period of time... sometimes weeks,
sometimes months, and in some cases years !

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street