https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z20RJq8EH2c

One of the better ones for Huygen’s Wavelet Principle.

From: Brian Webster
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2017 4:47 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Multipath fading for a laymen (visuals please)

Sure it will, take a single bulb flashlight and shine it on the wall like this
attached image. Do you see the light and dark rings of light? The bright ones
are odd number Fresnel Zones, the dark rings are the even ones. They are dark
because they are 180 degrees out of phase from the odd zone and thus cause
cancelling and in the case of the light rings they are darker. Much in the same
way you get reduced signal levels. This is why it is always preferred to
engineer radio links at a height to only expose the first Fresnel zone and
block the second zone. It mitigates or reduces this phase cancelling and signal
reduction.

Thank You,

Brian Webster

www.wirelessmapping.com