They're still only 18dbi according to the data sheet... unless I was
reading that wrong. That's the same as the 30 degree sector.

While you may not be able to do much more than 1Gbps symmetrical, most of
us don't actually need symmetrical connections.

I'm a little sceptical that ABAB is going to work well... we have two of
the PTP radios back to back, and they definitely interfere with eachother
if they're on the same channel. I guess it might work with more vertical
separation, but I couldn't easily try that (I think we only have about 4'
between them... I'd need a taller tower to get more in this case).