We run the SMs bridged, but we put the LAN0 port of the SM on a tagged VLAN (add WLAN0.50 interface, bridge WLAN0.50 and LAN0 together). On that tagged VLAN, we only allow PPPoE connections. Yes, when a customer resets their router, we have to talk them through PPPoE config, but at least the router's wizard is detecting that PPPoE is the only available Internet connection. (Besides, you still have to talk them through DHCP disable if they reset their router under your current scenario anyway). Their traffic is isolated from the CPE and AP management (at L2) and we disallow L3 traffic to infrastructure prefixes at the routers. We really don't want the CPE's involved in L3 Internet reachability for customer traffic. Just our philosophy; we treat the SMs as infrastructure, not customer equipment.

Jesse DuPont

Network Architect
email: jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net
Celerity Networks LLC

Celerity Broadband LLC
Like us! facebook.com/celeritynetworksllc

Like us! facebook.com/celeritybroadband