From: "Brett A Mansfield" <li...@silverlakeinternet.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 7, 2017 5:14:17 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] Facebook Ireland IP flooding traffic

I have a customer that is using 3x the bandwidth all my remaining customers on
the same leg of the network use. The traffic is almost all from the same IP
address.

31.13.70.51

I was thinking a torrent VPN service, but this shows as a Facebook IP in the
RIPE region and is registered as a direct assign to Facebook Ireland. Any idea
what can cause this IP to have a nearly consistent 100Mb of bandwidth?

I asked the customer and he said that he doesn’t do any torrenting and he
thought it might be game updates (he is a PC gamer). I’ve seen what game
updates do, and it’s nothing like this.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield