IMHO if you want a 100/1000 Mbps Ethernet port that you can actually rely
on for production use you don't hang it off a USB2 bus...  First,
latency/jitter issues with timestamping and logging (as compared to
something on a PCI-Express x8 2.0/3.0 bus), which can be crucial when
diagnosing voip/SIP issues. Also reliability and speed. Others have
commented that it's a quick way to kill the "disk" on a microSDHC card by
writing a lot of logging/debug data on a raspberry pi. You could connect a
cheap real SSD or 2.5" HDD in a USB3 external enclosure and use it for
logs, or send logs offsite (NFS, sshfs, etc) to another system, but at that
point you're better off with a "real" server.