Good to know....

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Simon Westlake" <simon@sonar.software>
To: <af@afmug.com>
Subject: [AFMUG] 4k tv
Date: Mon, Nov 20, 2017 3:06 PM

All the Netflix original
stuff is in 4K. I don't think there is much else. I watch a lot of
Netflix originals in 4K though.

On 11/20/2017 2:54 PM, CBB - Jay Fuller
wrote:

I had about an hour to kill this afternoon so I spent it in
Costco roaming around...

Some of the pictures on the Samsung TVs that are UTV or
even Beyond UTV are absolutely astonishing.

At the end of the TV section was the DirecTV rep.  I have
DirecTV satellite and I like my high definition picture and my
high-definition home projector.

All of my TV's in my home were purchased in the last five
to ten years and they're all HD capable.  Most are smart TVs
that run apps but the apps don't ever update and you pretty
much get what the TV has and that's it....

So I decided to get all excited I had a little money
burning a hole in my pocket I thought I would grab one of
these super duper Samsung Ultra high-definition televisions.
 Ok not really but lets pretend I did....

I told the DirecTV lady when HD first came out it took the
broadcasters a while to start broadcasting in HD. I asked her
for a list of which channels broadcast in 4k....She gave me
the list....

104.....DTV4k

105....cine4k

106....Live4k

Basically....NONE

How much programming on Netflix is in 4k? I am aware of the
extreme bandwidth requirements....

And guaranteed if I got a hacked Amazon Fire stick it's not
going to show me anything in 4k....

What is the point? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

--
Simon Westlake
Email: simon@sonar.software