I find my apple TV to always have better quality than Roku and Tivo.

From: Steve Jones
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 11:16 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] apple tv streaming at 4mbps

We have a customer on our 6x2 plan. connection is sufficient. he consistently
gets 6x2 on speedtests. but when running his apple tv its only pulling 4, but
its a super clean 4, like a system controlled 4.
Is this a quality stream thing, where maybe it needs 8 for the next higher
resolution, so since it can only get 6 from us, it drops to a resolution that
uses 4?

The stream is constant and clean, its what we would expect if they were pulling
six with our bandwidth controls.

If its the case where apple is doing the speed controls, is there documentation
somewhere? this is one of those "Im paying for 6 and only getting 4" customers

we can convert him to epmp and put him on a 12x2 rate from this site, but hes a
douche and if apple has increments of something like 4-sd, 8-hd, 20-4k or
something of that nature then he will just bitch hes only getting 8 of his 12

Id put him on our 30x5 plan, but with as heavy a user as he is and his volume
of complaints, hes not with giving a measurable access point capacity for the
headache he offers for no extra revenue.

he lives in the country and is already pulling the "I can get 100mbps from
Mediacom for the same price" (good luck with that asshole) and hes come at us
with "I know your policy is to require three support requests to get a service
call" (TF you say?) Im waiting for the "broadband is defined as Xmbps" (thats
why we sell high speed internet and dont take money from the government you
cuck)