If you're giving huge discounts and drop shipping why even have distributors?  They add no value to your product.

On 12/5/2017 4:32 PM, Forrest Christian (List Account) wrote:
I'm getting really sick of distributors asking me for a deep discount, extended length net terms, and to drop ship all of their orders to their customers.  There's a reason why we haven't gone down this path.

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 1:05 PM, Steve Jones <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com <mailto:thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Distributors that dont maintain accurate web based on hand/out of
    stock are the devils condom. I hate them. The only thing worse is
    the ones that lie and you get an order in with a "drop ship from
    mfg" F those guys, they take your money right quick, thats for sure

    On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 10:27 AM, <ch...@wbmfg.com
    <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

        We offer dry storage, sequestered inventory and order
        fulfillment to all distributors so they can stock at our
        warehouse, ship from our warehouse, and keep from paying
        double freight (for the galvanized steel parts).  Some take
        advantage of this and some don't.

        -----Original Message----- From: ch...@wbmfg.com
        <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>
        Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 9:26 AM
        To: af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>

        Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Jeff Evans query?

        We try, our restock level is approx equivalent to a 30 day
        inventory, but we
        are constantly having runs on one particular part or another
        and then when a
        distributor wants something dropped we don't have it and they
        attempt to
        blame us.

        The main reason to use a two tier distribution network is so
        that the
        distributors have inventory, not us.  That is how they add
        value.  Otherwise
        I would just sell direct.

        We build to forecast and to order but the channel that stocks
        is the channel
        that gets the sales.

        Some of our distributors are much better than than others with
        this.

        -----Original Message----- From: Matt Hoppes