I think it it's saying that they extend credit to a business with personal
guarantors they don't have to notify the personal guarantors if the
business gets past due.

Personally I try to not personally guarantee anything,  with very few
exceptions. I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, and I'd prefer
not to get stuck with a bunch of personal debt if a sudden business ending
event happens.