I have found the speed is dependant on the attitude of the company. AT&T
and Verizon don't like landline anymore so they port fast. Frontier,
Suddenlink, etc. Still like it and want it so they port extremely slow
while throwing lots of fake roadblocks up.

Then once they port they don't take it or if their db half the time so
things are sorta broken.