assuming you have a generator that does auto-choke and is wired for
electrical remote start, like the small generac units sold for RV use and
similar... where all you need to do is turn on a relay for 4-5 seconds to
crank a starter, then turn off the relay again.

one of these: http://tinycontrol.pl/en/lan-controller/

and one of these: http://tinycontrol.pl/en/relays-board-10a-v3/

or a thing like this:
http://denkovi.com/ethernet-relay-card-5-channels-snmp-http-xml-real-time-clock-din-box

there are quite a few different DIN mount relay-controllers with basic http
interfaces to turn on and off things. Some support things like receiving an
snmp trap to trigger a relay for automated scripting.