Good to know. When you are done, please create a punch list of things that need to be done/fixed/created before advising someone from switching over to them.

-----Original Message----- From: Sterling Jacobson
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 12:51 PM
To: 'af@afmug.com'
Subject: [AFMUG] Sonar Migration from Platypus

So here is a current update on my months long progress moving from Platypus to Sonar.

It's not automatic by any means.

Data import is taking a long time and its painful and costs a lot extra.

I'm having to manually correct/add accounts to Sonar with rate group changes, address validations etc.

They appear to be understaffed.

A lot of their system isn't theirs too, which is OK I guess, just didn't realize that.

Import is a third party process if you don't want to do it yourself.
Actual payment site isn't them, you host it yourself or get a hosting company, and have to maintain it yourself. Paper statements are not directly them, you have to set up a third party account and pay/manage them.

This is just a 'simple' import of billing function only.

I didn't even have any network information for any accounts, so I shudder to think how that would have migrated.

Also I didn't really see them emphasizing the fact that their database and Plat could get seriously out of synch if you are not careful.

I've had to manually suspend everything in Platypus to assure data isn't out of sync with the new system until it comes online.

That means it's been days of people calling/contacting me trying to pay bills and I'm stuck in the middle.

Don't want to roll back since I've spent so many hours now on migration.

Can't go forward yet because I'm still waiting on massive fixes to rates on customers, and web site creation/setup for billing.

Let's just say I'm excited to get onboarding done and running, but I'm also crying because it's not there yet and help is slow to come some days.