From: Mathew Howard
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 1:28 PM
To: af
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] ISP in a box

A CCR could certainly do DHCP and NAT... I seem to remember there being some
reason that made using Mikrotik for a DNS server a bad idea, but it would be
capable of doing that too.

It doesn't take much to run a DNS server, so it might not be a bad idea to
stick some kind of a little server in there anyway, but I really don't see any
reason why it couldn't all go in a cabinet on the corner of the street... it
wouldn't even need to be a particularly large cabinet.