  From: fiber...@mail.com
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 2:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Spam from Chuck

  > Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
  > From: ch...@wbmfg.com
  > To: af@afmug.com
  > Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Spam from Chuck
  >
  > You do realize that this list is my list, right?
    No, I did not know that. It doesn't say so when you sign up for the list.

  > So essentially every time I make a posting here I am spamming you, right?
    Participating on the list isn't quite the same as inboxing me directly with
a canned message.

  > I used to do it every Friday right here on this list.
    Your list, your rules. I still don't think it's cool to send out
unsolicited commercial messages without an opt-in. Furthermore industry best
practices include using a double opt-in. Mailchimp support double opt-in:
https://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/signup-forms/about-double-opt-in

    In summary: I did not know that by joining the Af list I would, unbeknownst
to me and surreptitiously, be signed up for another direct email list.

  Jared