We provide service to the local canal company to measure both levels and flow. They have a hole dug out the side with a float in it, and a sensor measures the flow as it pushes by. It runs to a device in a small box on a utility pole, and everything runs on a car battery and small solar panel. Not sure if this type of setup would work for a lake, but I cannot see why it wouldn't.
On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 6:59 PM, Roland Houin <[email protected]> wrote: > I have a pressure sensor coming. > will try connecting it to a sitemonitor.. > > Roland > > > I have used submersible pressure on municipal water tank telemetry many > times. > I guess it would work equally well in a lake. > .433 psi per foot. > > From: Jaime Solorza > Sent: Saturday, February 17, 2018 1:10 PM > To: Animal Farm > Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Lake level monitoring > > You could use a stilling well with ultrasonic, or a submersible pressure, > you > could do a capacitance probe > > Jaime Solorza > > On Feb 17, 2018 9:12 AM, "Mitch Koep" <[email protected]> wrote: > > I saw a system that used the same system for Water tower level measuring > > Installed a screened culvert vertical, about two feet off the bottom to > stop > > wave action and device float inside the culvert and a PLC controller with a > radio link > > It seemed to work very well > > You might want to check and see what is used for sewer ponds as well > > Mitch > > On 2/16/2018 3:51 PM, Roland Houin wrote: > > I have a customer needing to monitor lake levels > need accurate method (gps hopefully) to measure level above msl. > > Anybody have any suggestions? > > Roland Houin > Fourway.Net < > > >
