Your other option would be to find a way to setup an internal DMA
controller to trigger off of an external input. From your clock source, you
would trigger individual DMAs from a static buffer to GPIO connected to
some sort of circuit to invert the Mark bits. The DMA controller would loop
over the buffer and the jitter would be limited to that of your 1.544 MHz
reference clock source. For Raspberry PI, you might be looking at writing a
kernel driver/module assuming you can find documentation on the CPU and DMA
controllers. Might be easier with an STM32 like CPU (small, cheap, and
potentially Linux free if you are into that sort of thing).