With the lower gain of those antennas I think 9 miles is a bit far if
interference rears its head. For speed, since it seems he's getting the
required signal and little noise, check out this table:
https://community.ubnt.com/t5/airFiber/AF5-Distance-Throughput-Chart-Community-Maintained-47-dBm-EIRP/td-p/868782
.

>From that table, his results are much less than expected, please get
screenshots from him (removing GPS location / site name / IP / MAC address
if desired) and post them and we can analyze them.