But Slack is easy to hate.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 3/25/2018 3:08 PM, Adair Winter wrote:
You hate everything.

On Sun, Mar 25, 2018, 4:50 PM Steve Jones <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com <mailto:thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I hate slack

    On Sun, Mar 25, 2018, 4:06 PM Justin Wilson <li...@mtin.net
    <mailto:li...@mtin.net>> wrote:

        Here is the problem that comes around every so often.

        1.Slack is the wild Wild West.  Get more than a few folks in a
        channel and the conversation gets crazy. It’s a conversation
        not a thread. Imagine some of the threads that have gone off
        the rails in realtime.
        2.Message boards are good but the are not pushed to you like
        e-mail
        3.Facebook is pushed to you, but not everyone has facebook or
        pays attention to it.

        As much as people keep wanting e-mail to die, which I don’t
        understand, it’s not going away anytime soon.

        Justin Wilson
        j...@mtin.net <mailto:j...@mtin.net>

        www.mtin.net <http://www.mtin.net>
        www.midwest-ix.com <http://www.midwest-ix.com>

        On Mar 25, 2018, at 8:12 AM, Craig House
        <cr...@totalhighspeed.net <mailto:cr...@totalhighspeed.net>>
        wrote:

        Anyone thought about using something like slack as an
        alternative to the email list. Maybe there is a good reason
        for the email format but it seems like it would allow for
        categories for topics so members could choose if they want to
        be in on the topic or not. Such as fiber topics. Cambium
        topics.  Mimosa ubnt and sync.  Lots of options to make it
        more topic specific to what each list member is interested
        in.  I know my attention span sometimes gets lost on things
        that don’t involve my work.  Maybe slack isn’t the beat
        choice but there is surely something like that to fit the
        group needs
        Just a thought

        Craig

        Sent from my iPhone