Every external 'commercial' GPS antenna that I've seen has a N connector on
the bottom of it.   You can buy 'cheap chinese outdoor' GPS antennas with a
long lead and a SMA connector on the end as well....but I'm not sure I'd
trust those.

On the equipment end, there doesn't seem to be a standard.   I have gear
with SMA, N, BNC and even F connectors for the GPS antenna.   The cambium
CMM's (CMM4 and earlier) seem to use BNC's.   The LMG equipment uses N
connectors.   One of my two GPSDO's uses a F connector, the other uses a
SMA.   I have two symmetricam GPS distribution amplifiers which both have
all N connectors.   I have a GPS re-radiator amplifier which uses SMA
connectors.

I think it's safe to expect the outside antenna to have a N connector on
it, since you probably don't want the cheap chinese antennas since they
seem to fail on a fairly regular basis (poor quality electronics inside
them).   What you use on the inside probably can just be decided based on
your mechanicals, not as per any standard.

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>