I don't have a good answer for you.... but....  I really wish more devices
would permit filtering such that the only broadcasts/multicasts permitted
on customer facing segments were ARP and possibly DCHP if that's applicable
to you.

If you can exempt arp and dhcp from this, then the correct value is likely
as low as you can set it.

If you can't exempt arp and dhcp, you need to think about the ramifications
where a low level broadcast storm saturates the setting you have set and
prevents arp and dhcp from working....

--
*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>