So the boss is getting ready to take a road trip, It's vital important that he remain continually connected (his words), I believe what he meant to say is, 'I want to watch netflix every night at the campground'. We have Verizon, but it doesn't work everywhere, I was in a campground in southern Indiana last year with no service, but I think sprint or AT&T were working fine. I've never used one, but I thought one of the advantages to having a cradepoint device was that you could throw multiple SIM cards in it, and it would automagically switch between carriers. Looking through the cradepoint section over at Baltic, it looks like there are a bunch of models now, and you buy for a carrier. What would be nice is to have a Verizon+another carrier, with built in WIFI and the option for some external antennas all in a nice package. The data path would prefer Verizon, but would switch to carrier 2 if Verizon is not available. Preferably without him have to call tech support (me) every night to get it working.

It looks like there is an AER3100 coming out that supports dual modems with built in wifi. is it replacing something else? Is there a cheaper version?

Nate