I'm currently running an instance of OSticket.   There is a bug somewhere
in the version I'm running which causes tickets with activity on them (new
or more frequently rather old ones) to not be put in a state where it is
obvious that there has been activity on them.  Often we'll find them weeks
or months later, or more often , when a customer asks "any updates?".

There are a few other issues, which I'm not thrilled with.   It was better
than the hosted version we were using, but still not perfect.

Ticketing systems seem to be like phone systems, they're all nice when
they're new, but the nice wears off quickly.