The real issue is the perceived space between sentences and whether it is greater or equal to the space between words in a sentence.

If you're using a fixed space font, then you NEED two spaces to make it easier to read.

If you're using a proportional spaced font, then the 2 spaces are less important. I personally don't believe it ruins the readability of in proportional spaced text if there's a little more space between sentences.

So if you regularly use both fixed and proportional spaced fonts, then the simple rule is to use 2 spaces. That way you don't have to change your typing muscles when you switch fonts.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>