Dear Wiki Indaba Steering Committee and Organizing Team, Thank you for opening registration for self-sponsored participants for Wiki Indaba 2026.
I would like to raise a concern about the USD 200 registration fee, which I find quite high, especially compared to Wikimania, where registration is typically USD 100 for a four-day conference. Given that Wiki Indaba is the number one conference for African Wikimedians, I suggest reducing the self-sponsored registration fee to USD 100 per person to make participation more accessible, particularly for those who did not receive a scholarship. For future Wiki Indabas, I also suggest that the planning and budget should anticipate self-sponsored participants rather than limiting the number of slots. This would allow more people who are able to cover their own travel and accommodation to attend. We should always be looking for ways to get more African Wikimedians to Wiki Indaba, rather than limiting participation. I hope the team will consider these suggestions. Kind regards, Geoffrey On Wed, Sep 16, 2026 at 1:52 AM Wiki Indaba Steering Committee via African-Wikimedians <[email protected]> wrote: > Dear Wikimedians, > > Do you wish to attend Wiki Indaba 2026 > <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiIndaba_conference_2026> in Abidjan, > Côte d'Ivoire, even if you did not receive the conference scholarship? We > are pleased to inform you that registration for self-sponsored attendees is > now open! > > Hurry and submit your Conference Registration Form > <https://pretix.eu/wikimedia-events/Indaba-2026/> by September 21, 2026*, > *as slots are limited! > > For any questions, feel free to reach out to the Organizing team at > [email protected] and copy [email protected]. > > Sincerely, > > *Wiki Indaba 2026 Core Organizing Team * > > > _______________________________________________ > African-Wikimedians mailing list -- > [email protected] > To unsubscribe send an email to > [email protected] >
_______________________________________________ African-Wikimedians mailing list -- [email protected] To unsubscribe send an email to [email protected]
