A blog entry on the "Motherland Language Project" is among the backlog
of Google alerts I'm going through. The project, which has its
homepage at http://www.motherland.co.za/ , is described in the entry
below. I hope to see some updated news on it.   Don

http://craign.net/2007/09/03/wanna-learn-to-speak-zulu/
Wanna learn to speak Zulu?
09.03.07 | Comment?

Motherland Language Project I recently got invited to the Motherland
Language Project group on Facebook and after much procrastination
decided to take a look see what its all about. Turns out its a bunch
of South Africans that are trying to teach a million South Africans to
speak Zulu in 8 weeks through twice weekly videos released on the
Internet. Motherland Isiko TV (MiTV) is running the project and it
looks like a very cool idea.

Growing up in KwaZulu-Natal I was fortunate to learn to speak Zulu in
school, but unfortunately it wasn't a subject choice for me. I wish I
had taken more time to get to know the language better, maybe one day
I could be as fluent in Zulu as I am in C# and Delphi.

So go sign-up, tell your friends about it and become one of the
million true South Africans that learns to communicate in a at least
one African language.

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional