I've just learned that the deadline for nominations has been extended
to 21 December 2007. Don

--- In AfricanLanguages@yahoogroups.com, "Don Osborn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FYI, nominations are now being accepted for the Linguapax Award
2008. Note the deadline of Dec. 15.  Don

> --------------------------------
> [from a letter with call for nominations]
>
> We are pleased to inform you that the call for candidates to the
Linguapax awards 2008 is open. Kindly send your nominees to the
secretariat of the Linguapax Institute ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) before December 15th
2007 along with their short biographical note if possible.

> As in previous occasions, the name of the prize-winner will be made
public on February 21, coinciding with the International Mother
Language Day. The Linguapax Awardee will be granted the amount of
3,000 €.

> For more information about the awards, please visit:
>
> Català http://www.linguapax.org/ct/premisLPX.html
> Español http://www.linguapax.org/es/premisLPXcas.html
> English http://www.linguapax.org/en/premisLPXang.html
> Français http://www.linguapax.org/fr/premisLPXfr.html
>
> --------------------------------
>
> [from the Linguapax website]
>
> Linguapax Prize
>
> Rules
>
> 1. The Linguapax Prizes are awarded every year by the Linguapax
Institute.

> 2. The prizes are awarded to linguists, researchers, professors and
members of the civil society in acknowledgement of their outstanding
work in the field linguistic diversity and/or multilingual education.
Nominations of people having contributed to improve the linguistic
situation of a community or country will be specially appreciated.

> 3. The nominations for the Linguapax Prizes must be sent to the
secretariat of the Linguapax Institute along with a biographical note
of the candidate. The nominations will remain confidential among the
members of the jury.

> 4. The jury of the Linguapax Prizes will be formed by the members of
the Advisory Committee of the Linguapax Institute.

> 5. The Linguapax prizes can be declared void. The jury's decision
will be final.

> 6. The Linguapax Prize will be made public on February 21st of every
year, International Mother Language Day.

> 7. The awardee will be granted the amount of 3,000 €

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: