It's not you it's me! Tortoises end their 115 year 'marriage' after female
starts attacking her male mate

By Daily Mail Reporter

 *PUBLISHED:* 20:04 GMT, 12 June 2012 | *UPDATED:* 21:56 GMT, 12 June 2012

   -

<http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2158354/Tortoises-Bibi-Poldi-break-worlds-longest-animal-marriage.html#comments>

 A pair of zoo tortoises who have been partners for 115 years have sadly
broken up - marking the end of what could be the world's longest animal
'marriage'.

Long-time lovers Bibi and Poldi, both giant tortoises aged 115, have been
together since just after their births.

But zoo workers at the Reptilienzoo Happ in Austria have had to separate
them after female Bibi started attacking mate Poldi.
 [image: Tortoises Bibi and Poldi who have been partners for 115 years have
broken up]

Tortoises Bibi and Poldi who have been partners for 115 years have broken up
 [image: Female Bibi started attacking mate Poldi and even bit off a part
of his shell]

Female Bibi started attacking mate Poldi and even bit off a part of his
shell

'We get the feeling they can't stand the sight of each other anymore,' said
Zoo boss Helga Happ.

'For no reason that anyone can discover they seem to have fallen out, they
just can't stand each other,'

Keepers at the tourist attraction realised something was up when Bibi bit
off a part of Poldi's shell.

She attacked again a number of times until he was moved to a separate
enclosure for his safety.
The zoo even tried bringing in experts to try and save the union.
 [image: Zoo workers at the Reptilienzoo Happ in Austria have had to
separate the pair]

Zoo workers at the Reptilienzoo Happ in Austria have had to separate the
pair
 [image: The zoo even tried bringing in experts but feared that the 100kg
reptiles might kill each other]

The zoo even tried bringing in experts but feared that the 100kg reptiles
might kill each other

They administered tortoise aphrodisiacs to try and bring fun back into the
relationship.

And to test if it was safe to reintroduce them after a period apart, the
zoo made a fake version of Poldi covered in his smell. But Bibi ignored the
'dummy'.

Sadly they have had no luck to date and fear the 100kg reptiles might kill
each other if forced together.

Happ added that it was 'very rare' for animals who are a pair to fall apart
after so long.

'We hope very much that we can find a way to bring them back together,' she
said.

*".... I am the KING to my own UNIVERSE that Rule my MIND, BODY and
SOUL!!! ...."
*
**
*- Aga Madjid -*

you have this email because you join to "aga-madjid" GoogleGroups.
to post emails, just send to :
aga-madjid@googlegroups.com
to join this group, send blank email to :
aga-madjid+subscr...@googlegroups.com
to quit from this group, just send email to :
aga-madjid+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
please visit to www.facebook.com/aga.madjid,
add my Yahoo Messenger at aga.mad...@yahoo.com or
add my twitter @aga_madjid