On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 15:26, Nanograte Knowledge Technologies via AGI <agi@agi.topicbox.com <mailto:agi@agi.topicbox.com>> wrote:

    Jim

    Bootstrapping a computational platform with domain knowledge
    (seeding with insights), was already done a few years ago by the
    ex head of AI research in France. I need to find his blogs again,
    but apparently he had amazing results with regards re-solving
    classical mathematical problems.

Evn with all its bureaucracy, France has not (officially) and never had a single head of AI research.

However, regarding bootstrapping AI, I guess you are refering to Jacques Pitrat. He is a pionneer of French AI, is a retired academics (he probably was born just before WW2) and was a top-level Directeur de recherches at CNRS and is still working on bootstrapping his CAIA system. He is describing on his blog, http://bootstrappingartificialintelligence.fr/WordPress3/ his views on AI and his system.

Cheers.

--

Basile STARYNKEVITCH   == http://starynkevitch.net/Basile
opinions are mine only - les opinions sont seulement miennes