While it doesn't look like there is any possibilty for me to get in on
the development of AGI beyond mouthing off on this list, getting in as
early as I can on the adoption side seems to be about the least stupid
thing I can do, if I can do it right...

Right now the basic model of AI are cloud services where the usual
suspects get you to buy a listening device, place it in your home, and
basically use the microphone to spy on your life. With AGI, you really
want your own rig, especially when using it with a neural interface. In
that case, you would want a cloud service as a redundant fail-over, but
you would still want your own equipment for normal use.

While it's almost certain that hardware will evolve FAST to the point
that only nano-tech re-building the equipment every ~40 mintues or so
could possibly keep up... In terms of technology, it's certain to be an
S-curve that will reach some optimum configuration of quarks and gluons
(barring some radical discovery about the nature of the universe)... In
terms of scale, well I hope it leaves room for humanoids and or other
types of life including biological life and quazi-biological life.

In case you haven't noticed, it's late 2018 already. The Big Weenie says
AI is coming in 2029. What I'm seeing from Deep Mind is already vastly
superhuman but only lacks the high level organization required to be
generally intelligent. So once we reach the point of "takeoff" it's
going to be a pretty steep coming right out of the gates. =O

The thing is that the singularity is now within the planning window of
my next computer upgrade, which I typically use for 5-7 years. =P

So I am thinking of getting a threadripper R9X system which has a
massive number of PCI-E lanes under the theory that the first few
iterations of AGI hardware will be PCI-E compatible, which will lead to
a rack server which I can tie in from the basement which will be
followed by ???

So is my thinking off base or should I move ahead with this plan?

--
Please report bounces from this address to a...@numentics.com

Powers are not rights.