Stefan,

Speech response bots need THREE voices:
1.  The primary response voice you already know about.
2.  Your bot's trusty assistant, who talks about related matters while your
bot considers what you just said. Best to have sex different than your bot.
This voice is pre-loaded with what to say next, and is triggered by a pause
in your speech.
3.  The great Oz, who delivers introductions, error messages, legal
disclaimers, etc.

This team-in-a-box approach is much more impressive than a simple bot, and
is easy to do. Users are never left waiting for a response, no matter how
slow your AI is. Microsoft requires reloading voices to switch, but this
only takes a fraction of a second on a high performance laptop.

Steve