Probably what most people mean by computer is roughly the usual common
sense digital or perhaps quantum computer. There are also theoretical
hypercomputers. I guess I would define computer simply as something
that follows the usual form:

input -- function -- output

Input and output might be feedback oriented -- the output is part of
the input. Or, there may be no output. Maybe a computer just inputs
and makes a computation. I think the only hard requirement is that
there is some kind of function happening based upon the input and
there will almost certainly be output.

So, I my opinion is a brain qualifies as a computer -- under the
looser definition.

Mike A