I'm thinking AGI is on the order of 90% consciousness and 10% intelligence.

Consciousness I see as Universal Communication Protocol (UCP) and I see
consciousness as "Occupying Representation" (OR). Representation being
structure (or patterns from a patternist perspective).

Then, from panpsychist perspective, how would one be conscious of pure
randomness? The interesting thought here is that the structure is or comes from
oneself, the conscious observer....where pure randomness might be conscious of
all structure if consciousness is defined as O.R..

How does structure come from oneself when pondering pure randomness? One might
say that there is a consciousness distance between the two,... or a
consciousness vector field of structure (call it a vector field for now). And
when pondering a semi-randomness (verses pure) each side has a vector field of
structure. How they meet is an expression of the computational complexity of
the agent. What shapes these vector fields of structure? Conceptual capacity
and potential.

So consciousness is a conceptual potential of computational complexity on the
vector fields of structure among agents/patterns, IOW, communication protocol.
Protocol leads to symbol creation to words to languages to transmit and form
structural concepts. Structural concepts are reapplied across conscious
interactions to form new symbols for new words and languages.

One might ask how inanimate objects are conscious? Very simple, half-duplex
structural representation recognition of language elements by a conscious
observer being generated by discrete algebraic structural potential.

John