On Tuesday, October 29, 2019, at 5:51 AM, Stefan Reich wrote:
> > Lossless compression is ALREADY lossy compression, because after
> >compression, the data is missing, until you decompress it.
>
> That's super quotable. I'm still laughing

It's funny but at the same time I do believe analyzing the lossy/lossless
topology of compressors with data from various perspectives is important. My
quote from another perspective in another thread:

"lossy can be lossless but lossless can only be lossy when lossy is lossless..."

was met with ridicule but it has a deeper meaning where there is at least one
mathematical singularity in the universe of compressors where lossless is lossy
but much overlap inversely. If one can imagine two spheres one lossy and the
other lossless forming a capillary between them...