From: WriterOfMinds <jennifer.hane....@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, 18 November 2019 21:00
To: AGI <agi@agi.topicbox.com>
Subject: Re: [agi] The Singularity is not near.

I have some thoughts, but ... isn't this discussion going to become yet another
distraction? The question of whether AGI will result in a technological
singularity doesn't seem to have a lot of relevance to the question of *how* to
build AGI. So the disciples of the Singularity can believe whatever they want
without having practical impacts on the work going forward.
It only becomes an issue if differing opinions on the possibility of "fast
takeoff" result in a bunch of wrangling about how much emphasis there should be
on the Control Problem ... and that's an argument that I haven't seen come up
on this list, yet.
Artificial General Intelligence List<https://agi.topicbox.com/latest> / AGI /
see discussions<https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi> +
participants<https://agi.topicbox.com/groups/agi/members> + delivery