I got some interesting off-line feedback. Apparently, NO ONE in rural areas
wears masks, and not wearing mandated masks is turning out to be a
statement of resistance to governmental authority. One survey found that
less than half wore masks. Hence, bringing out the N95 masks in the
National Strategic Reserve probably will NOT work - unless we get a REALLY
bad mutation, like one that kills almost everyone.

So, will the city-dwelling government realize this and not pass out the
masks, or will they crash and burn with this plan? Other alternatives, like
distributing the masks to the vulnerable, or waiting for a bad mutation,
are still there.

*Steve*