"Although this particular test problem doesn't have any real world application
that I can think of, it makes a good test case because it is easy to code and
simple both conceptually and computationally. The component strings vary in
both content and length, which prevents any possible interpreter or hardware
optimizations that might rely on large strings of repeated bytes. I don't think
the python interpreter actually does this, but it's a good principle to use a
test that isn't susceptible to such situational optimizations.
"

I was trying this exactly....I thought the same exact things up to this point
so far. Really good page so far. We think the same stuff....mind blowing.... I
had made such a for loop like he did, and said that to myself as well as my
reasoning, etc...

I had thought about many of the suggested methods.