On Thu, Jun 10, 2021, 5:42 PM <immortal.discover...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Another question for today:
> http://mattmahoney.net/dc/text.html
> ZPAQ is 4,760 bytes zipped, is this source code or compiled code? If
> readable, I'd like to see it as it looks small-ish code unlike the others
> code.

You mean tiny_unzpaq.cpp
http://mattmahoney.net/dc/tiny_unzpaq.cpp

It decompresses unencrypted streaming mode zpaq archives with no error
checking, no optimizations like JIT compilation for x86, or command line
options. It is compressed by a separate program. The code is stripped of
comments and white space and uses shortened identifier names. It implements
level 1 described in http://mattmahoney.net/dc/zpaq206.pdf

The decompression algorithm is coded in the archive header. The
decompressor just interprets it. The description is a tree of context
mixing components and an assembler like program to compute the contexts for
each component and post process the output.