On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 4:22 AM Ben Goertzel <b...@goertzel.org> wrote:

> Matt, "Quantum Associative Memory" is an active research area...
>
> So are reversible NNs, e.g. https://arxiv.org/abs/2108.05862
>
> I think your current view that "learning means writing bits into
> memory." is overly limited...

And that's just a memory model?

There is also Bob Coecke's group around Oxford who are looking at quantum
perspectives which change the conceptualization of the intelligence problem
from the current one of "learning" parameters, entirely, to something he
contrasts as "togetherness". So more active, dynamic, something which
embraces contradictions inherently within itself, e.g:

>From quantum foundations via natural language meaning to a theory of
everything
Bob Coecke
https://arxiv.org/abs/1602.07618

So moving right away from the idea of intelligence as some kind of
"learned" weight adjustment system, in the first place.